Monday 1 April 2013

Oh Boots how i have missed you.


As I have been away without a Boots store to help keep me up to date with beauty buys I went a tad mad on my first visit to one.

My first boots beauty buys in 10 months were;

  1. Benefit, how to look the best at everything in light. £25.50
    Now considering this is for light skin the foundation is definitely way to orange, I am always normal so pale I'm nearly transparent but having spent 10 months in the sunshine I actually have a tan but the foundation is still too dark even for me. the rest of the kit is very good and has cemented me in the fact that I'm going to spend the money on the porefessional full size as it just blends my pore and makes my face feel so silky smooth.
  2. Benefit fine one one cheek and lip tint £23.50
     I am already in love with. You can really see a rosey tint that looks natural rather than a big stripe of one colour, and the added highlighter is just perfect if like me your always on the go from day to night to just keep it in your bag with no brush needed for application
  3. Maybelline colour tattoo 24hr in 65-pink gold. £4.99
     Now I am a person who always loses all the lovely eye shadows that I spend 20 minutes putting on in the morning, I just was not blessed with non greasy eyelids BUT this for a cream has amazing staying power I can apply it on its own and it lasts nearly all day or it makes a lovely base for golden and purple powders on top I am already planning on what colours of this I'm getting next.
  4. Barry m gelly nail polish in light blue £3.99
    This is such an amazing colour that is highly pigmented and even just one coat give enough coverage I do always do 2 though as I think it just give all polish's a nice even look. now I've always loved barry m nail products, there cheap always have such an amazing selection of colours and last a good 4-5 days without any chips. I was expecting amazing things from this but alas I was underwhelmed it is a very pretty colour and has a lovely high shine without a top-coat but I found it chipped within 2 days which is faster than any of the normal nail polishes, that being said I would purchase another one as I love the selection of colours that they have.
  5. Ardell Demi waspie fashion lashes £5.49
    I haven't had an occasion to wear these yet but will put up a review asap
  6. Rimmel Clear Complexion Transparent Powder £3.99
    I was super excited about this as I've been using a loose powder which I hate as they are so bulky to carry around, but as you can see from the picture after just a 10 minute bus ride it had smashed so now im too worried to take it in my handbag as I think the container will just open and it will take me forever to clean up from my beloved rocco bag!!! don't you just hate it when this happens girls thank god it was a bargain and not an expensive powder.
  7. Real techniques Core collection brushes £21.99
    This brush set comes with 4 brushes and a handy little stand for them. the set contains, detailer brush, pointed foundation brush, buffing brush and contour brush. The buffing brush is by far the best and it beats any brush I've previously used I have very greasy skin and hate having what feels like a thick layer of foundation but this, on top of the benefit porefessional leaves my skin looking smooth and even, the contour brush I have used every now and then for blusher but I would say this kit is worth spending £21.99 on for the buffing brush alone.

    I hope to save up again for my next splurge in boots as my list has already grown along with my obsession with reading other peoples beauty blogs.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment